Monday, August 6, 2007

Vacation to Oregon Coast


We're back from our vacation. We had a wonderful time in Oregon with our Utah friends Cory and Candace. Not that Texas has even been that hot this Summer, but it was nice to get into some cooler weather. We flew into Portland and stopped for dinner at the Melting Pot, oohhhh...

then we headed out to the coast. The beach house was in Nehalem, a little beachside town with a population of about 2. Very charming...

It was a trip of relaxation, with much time wasted at the beach or strolling around little beachside shopping villages. The highlight of the trip for me was probably the food. MMMMM! I had seafood three times a day and was it ever good! Salmon omlette for breakfast, fish and chips for lunch, crab alfredo for dinner, etc. I may have an eating problem. But since Craig's not a seafood lover, I'll take it whenever I can get it. We also made good on the Tillamook cheese factory, stocking up on cheese curds (or as we call it "squeaky cheese") and yummy ice cream.

The views along the highway were amazing. Cheesy photo, I know I know, but check out the view...

Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach

We also spent an afternoon horseback riding along the beach. It was my first time on a horse, believe it or not, and I thought it was so fun. My horse had a little colt that followed me around the whole time - it was really cute.

Craig was a little saddle-sore...

Craig fulfilled his lifelong dream of bodysurfing in the ocean (I fulfilled my day-long dream of napping in the car while he bodysurfed)

This hat is guaranteed to keep your brain warm in even the coldest of waters...

We had a great time, but we are glad to be home.

3 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Oh my gosh, how fun! I LOVE the Oregon coast. SO gorgeous. I love the pics on the beach. Especially the first one. You will definetely have to frame that baby. What a great time! I have totally missed you, chick! Welcome home!!!!

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love fun beach vacations. Nice to get away from the everyday life.

Jenni said...

So fun :) I am glad you had a great time.
Jenni