Saturday, June 16, 2007

My New blog

So I have no idea what I'm doing - I'm diving head first into the crazy blogging world. I am most excited to have some kind of journal, since I'm so bad at doing that. I also am all for anything that helps me stay connected to my friends and that connects me to new ones. I hope it will also serve as an ongoing update for friends and family back home in Utah.

I'm calling my blog "My Laughing Place" for a few reasons. One, a throwback to good old Disneyland, which is one of my favorite places. I loved the movie "Song of the South" when I was little. And as you hear on the Disneyland ride Splash Mountain, "Everybody has a laughing place." Your laughing place is that place in your head where you can go when you need an escape, a place where only happy things are allowed to exist, a place where you can go in your darkest moments and find something to laugh about. I hope this blog can be a laughing place for me and for anyone else that wants to get away.

Thanks to my friends for inspiring me to take the plunge. Please bare with me as I figure out how the crap this thing even works.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Your personalitly DNA or whatever is pretty cool. That is definitely you!!
Good work! I will visit your laughing place often! Who took that picture of AJ, it is so cute! (: ha ha

Rebecca said...

The laughing place...love the name! It fits you perfectly. I will visit your laughing place often.;)

Rochelleht said...

Yeah! I can't wait to have good laughs from Chanda! I love that we are all bloggers now. This is going to be so fun!

Michelle said...

I love the name! So glad you joined us. Can't wait to see more!

katri said...

You go girl! I am so glad that you are blogging. Fun, fun, fun!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Welcome to our new world. Love the name!

Julie said...

Would you mind if I put a link from my blog to yours? Even though I don't know you, we have some awesome friends in common, and I think we have the same taste in blog templates ;-)

Chanda said...

Hey Julie - I wouldn't mind at all. The more the merrier!