Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July

We had another successful Fourth of July celebration this year, and Ava's first.

We started with an early morning breakfast at the church.  


 AJ participated in the hula-hooping contest.

The girls played some Glee Karaoke on the WII...

while I made some homemade peach ice cream.


We cooled off in the pool for a bit.  Mom's good for snuggling in the towels, 


but when it comes to playing in the water, everyone wants dad.  Can't say I blame them.


 We went to Bedford to watch fireworks.  It was hot, but bearable.


Ava LOVED the fireworks.  She kept squealing and grinning and pointing every time one would go off.  I'm still kicking myself for not bringing my good camera so I could take better shots of her - it was so cute.  But I'll have to settle for my trusty iphone pics.



We were all tired by the end of the day, I think AJ more than the rest.  She lasted about 10 minutes in the car on the way home.

This was her the next morning.  Successful holiday indeed!

No comments: