Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine Crafting

Each year, I like Valentine's Day a little more. Not because of the romance and junk, but the pretty colors and decorations are so cheery. It really feels like love in the air.

I was always amazed at how much money people charge for homeade banners. They seemed easy to make and I figured I could do one quick and cheap. But now I know. Lots more time than I thought. Still worth the effort, I think. This is it:




I didn't take into account the space between each block, so it hangs a little lower than I wanted. I'll know better next time.

AJ has been obsessed lately with dressing up in dance clothes. I made her this valentine shirt so she could feel like she's wearing a tutu and still be allowed into school. Saw the tutorial here. (A.J. was clearly in rare form while posing for these pics)




And what's a new shirt without a new flower to go with it?



And while I was at it, I figured my niece in Utah might like one too.


Now I'm trying to decide if I have enough left in me to make Valentines for all my friends...(doubtful, but I love you all anyway!)

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Too cute! I love all the stuff, Chanda! Valentine's Day just makes me happy. I wish that there were two of me, so I could get more crafting done.

Mellodee said...

Very cute!

Rochelleht said...

BEYOND cute. All of it. I have such talented friends!!!

aurora said...

That's adorable!

Anne Thompson said...

Cuuuuuuuuuuute stuff Chanda! I'm so going to make that skirt, I've got some pink, purple, yellow AND green tulle upstairs just waiting to be made into something cute!

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me? Wow. I wish I had half your talent. So, so cute and impressive. I'm jealous.